FFS Associates from Around the Country Descend on Las Vegas for Leaders Convention 2017
Las Vegas’ Red Rock Casino, Resort and Spa’s ballroom was packed Aug. 3-5 with excited First Financial Security associates. They were at the luxury resort property to attend Leaders Convention 2017 (LC17). During the three-day event, they learned how to better serve their clients and grow their independent businesses.
By all measures, LC17 was a success. Among those who attended were many for whom LC17 marked their first convention. Several speakers, including FFS executives and field leaders, industry experts, and carrier representatives shared their knowledge with attendees.
The event’s main focus was the RMD Base Shop – the Heart of Your Business. Topics explored included the base shop’s critical role to a successful business, growth strategies, and managing the base shop. A panel discussion centered on Base Shop Management and a new base shop training video made its debut. Both featured many of the company’s top and most successful leaders.
The event began on Wed., Aug. 2 with a bonus day that included FFS’ Field Leadership Council breakfast meeting. It was followed by FFS’ Champions Club luncheon and meeting for the company’s 70-plus, $100,000-ring earners. An informative LiSA Initiative meeting rounded out the afternoon.
Among the LC17 highlights were:
- Wednesday night, three Carrier Workshops were offered three times during 35-min. blocks, so everyone could attend all.
- FFS’ 15-member Field Leadership Council enjoyed an elegant dinner at T-Bones Chophouse. The group welcomed its newest member – National Marketing Director, Jak Horakunwetchana.
- Senior Consulting Actuary Douglas Brown shared information on Indexed Interest Crediting from the main stage of the Red Rock Ballroom.
- Representatives from several nationally recognized insurance carriers spoke to the crowd on Friday. Those companies included ANICO, National Life Group, American Equity, North American and Columbus Life.
- Ron Wheeler, president of MKI, Inc., helped attendees “understand the insurance industry.” Gary Oelschlaeger, an account manager/VP with the same organization, spoke about the “Greatest Salesman in the World.”
- George C. Fraser, FraserNet, Inc. Chairman and CEO, explained the importance of relationships to achieving success in business.
- Friday night’s LC17 Awards Gala was a glamorous affair. It featured giveaways of gift cards and new awards that got more people across the stage. The MVP award was won by Executive Field Chairman Shirley Luu. Most Valuable Builder was presented to Executive Field Chairman Thai Thao.
Pictures from LC17 can be viewed on First Financial Security’s Flicker account.